- why ?
- cloth diapers
- diaper inserts
- change mats
And each time the strategically placed throw moves away from your pearl white couch, exposing "the stains"- say a lil prayer for the things that can be wiped clean.This new style of cloth wipe from Lil Helper has two layers. The top layer is the same bamboo material (80% cotton bamboo 20% polyester) found on our bamboo inserts. The bottom layer is the same material as the soft micro fleece found inside our cloth diaper shells. If you are familiar with Lil Helper products, theres are materials you know and love. Most importantly, both sides are super soft and perfect for baby's bum!
1. Washcloths (especially great for sensitive newborn skin): Terry cloth can be too rough for sensitive skin. The bamboo cotton and fleece we use offer a softer, gentler experience.
2. Stash em in the diaper bag: Kids are messy. Boogers, muddy puddles, a melty snack – any of these messy mishaps can happen anywhere. You never know when a sturdy cloth wipe (or 5) will come in handy. So stash some in the diaper bag for messy emergencies!
3. Tuck them behind/under/beside the high chair: Learning to eat is a VERY sloppy process. And if you use paper towel or wet wipes to clean up, it can be an expensive one too! Having a few cloth wipes nearby during mealtimes will make for easy & cost-efficient cleanup. Or, you could just get a dog…
4. Treat yo self!: I have a confession to make. I, Kate, Social Media Manager & blogger for Lil Helper cloth diapers, hoard Lil Helper cloth wipes… for myself. Yes. It’s true. I have a stash of wipes in my drawer in the bathroom that I use for face cloths. Sometimes I use them when washing/exfoliating my face but most of the time I use them to remove makeup. Your face will thank you and remember, it’s always important to…
5. Give them to friends: Whether your friends are interested in cloth diapering or not, cloth wipes are so versatile that they make a fantastic gift! Baby showers, 1st birthdays, 21st birthdays, 60th wedding anniversaries… or even when you see a parent who forgot wipes in a messy situation at the park.
6. Dishcloths: Cloth wipes are perfect for cleaning delicate dishes like wine glasses & china. Soft bamboo means no micro scratches or streaks.
7. Clean your glasses/screens: Having trouble reading this blog post? Yeeeah… you might need to give your glasses or screens a good wipe down. Lil Helper cloth wipes don’t get fuzzy so you can clean your glasses & screens without leaving any fibres behind!
8. Dust those shelves… yes… the top ones, too!: Add a little water get to dusting! The damp bamboo and fleece picks up dust and dirt easily. Just make sure you don’t forget the top shelves (I always do…)
9. Set up a baby doll changing station: If you have a child that LOVES taking care of their baby doll, they will go bananas if you set up a proper diaper changing station for them complete with cloth diapers & cloth wipes. When it’s time to potty train, add a mini potty in the mix too!
10. Family cloth: What is family cloth? Family Cloth = Reusable Toilet Paper. Family cloth is a fantastic way to save money & the planet – just like cloth diapers! Curious about how to get started with family cloth?
Love these! So soft on baby's bum. When he is teething he has a tendency to get a wicked rash and can't tolerate regular wipes but these he handles fine. Plus he hates having his face washed after eating sticky peanut butter but doesn't mind me scrubbing with these! Will definitely order more. Jenna on 7th Nov 2017
I ordered a couple packs of these to use. I figured since I am cloth diapering I might as well use cloth wipes too. So glad I did! They are so soft. I have tried all kinds of disposable wipes on my son and everything made him break out in rashes. I love that all you have to use on these is water. One wet cloth does the trick, even with big poopy messes. They are easy to clean too. I just throw them in with my diaper laundry and they are good to go. Haven't had one stain yet. They also make great wash cloths. I will definitely order more. Mischelle on 2nd Aug 2017
So, I must have ordered these right when Lil Helper switched from their old blue/white terry cloth wipes to these red cotton wipes. I was expecting blue/white terry wipes to come in the mail, and when I opened the box, I was pretty surprised to see these instead! It seemed like Lil Helper tried apologizing without me even asking to though. I ordered 12 wipes total, but they gave me 18, plus a package of red washcloths, plus 2 burp rags, plus a black blanket, plus an overnight charcoal insert, so I kind of forgave them right away!
I love these way more than I would have the terry cloth wipes though! I hate terry cloth to begin with. These have two layers, so I don't feel gross when I'm wiping poop off, and I don't need to wad up the cloth in order to wipe (which saves me from using like 20+ wipes per poop). I was a bit worried about the red color bleeding into the diaper shells since their insides are white, but so far, that hasn't been a problem at all! Reading the reviews it sounded like having dye runs was a problem with the blue wipes, so they definitely fixed that problem. Overall, these are my favorite wipes to use. Taryn on 8th Aug 2016
I love that they are two sided and rarely need more than one per change, but that amazing blue color bleeds. They've been through the wash several times and they're still turning the water slightly blue. I go between AI2s and cotton prefolds and these wipes stained my prefolds light blue. There is also some slight curling of the edges now.
Note: these are not the same wipes that I got as a sample with my diaper purchase. They are much thicker and higher quality.
I still very much like them, but the bleeding was a real bummer. Unknown on 28th Apr 2015
I received a free wipe with my order and these are by far the BEST wipes I have ever used. They are so soft unlike the flannel wipes we have. I will definitely be purchasing more! Thank you Lil Helper! Katie on 25th Mar 2015
MY FIRST LOVE FROM LIL' HELPER ARE THE CHARCOAL BAMBOO DIAPERS. THESE BAMBOO WIPES HERE, THOUGH, ARE MY DEFINITE SECOND LOVE. THEY'RE VERSATILE, VERY EASY TO CARE FOR (THROW, WASH, DRY), SOFT FOR BABY'S DELICATE SKIN OR A PARENT'S.
WE RECEIVED OUR FIRST WIPES AS PART OF THE STARTER KIT AND THEY HAVE BECOME A FAST GO-TO AND FAVOURITE. I PLAN ON ORDERING MORE... GREAT FOR WIPING BABY AFTER FEEDING SOLIDS, AND CLEANING BABY'S GUMS WITH, TOO! ZOE on 22nd Feb 2015
I LOVE THESE WIPES. THEY ARE THE BEST I HAVE USED YET. THEY ARE A GOOD SIZE, 2 SIDED WITH A GRABBIER SIDE FOR MESSES AND SO WONDERFULLY PLUSH AND SOFT FOR BABYS BOTTOM. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THEM. ABBIE N on 22nd Feb 2015
I HAVE TRIED THE DISPOSABLE, THE KUSHIES, THE TERRY WIPES, THE REARZ, HOWEVER NONE OF THEM CAN COMPARE TO THESE SOFT, FLUFFY, REVERSIBLE WIPES, THAT ARE JUST SOFT ENOUGH FOR THE FACE YET ROUGH ENOUGH TO WIPE UP THE MESS ON YOUR BABIES SENSITIVE TUSH! NATASA on 1st Feb 2015
I have tried a lot of wipes in search of the perfect one. You can all stop searching because this is it! Line dries soft, larger than any other ones I have come across. Simply amazing. I use them for everything- nose wipes, cleanup after eating, and of course bum wipes! They are softer than a baby washcloth! Donna on 24th Jan 2015